Cathy Watson Associates can help you take the initiative in briefing and consulting people about the planning applications you submit.
Currently most of your dealings are with the planning authority through documents which support your scheme but when you want to tell others about your plans too like the media, public, neighbours, individual councillors, businesses and other local organisations too we can help.
Be open about your proposals
Whether you plan to build homes, shops, offices, factories or public buildings you will benefit from telling as many people as possible, as quickly as possible, about your scheme.
Don't wait for the press to break the news based on worries of neighbours - make sure journalists receive an unbiased story, containing basic facts, first.
If it is written in a recognisable news style there is every chance it will be published so that the wider public can read about your plans and begin to form their own views before being influenced by others.
It's important not to leave anything to chance, readers might miss the story when it appears so at the same time as briefing the press think about other people who would appreciate their own set of briefing notes.
Short easy-to-read briefing notes can help councillors with basic facts and make clear your willingness to elaborate on any areas they would like more information on.
Neighbours find it difficult to navigate their way through specialised reports and would appreciate background information and the chance to ask more questions.
Cathy Watson Associates offer news stories, briefing notes and web space to provide an easily accessible archive of information about your plan with scope for people to ask questions and have them answered.
We can also set up exhibitions and organise private briefing sessions and public meetings. The whole aim is to offer a range of services which can be used in a variety of combinations, depending on the application, to provide an effective communication and consultation exercise which will leave developer and community feeling the process was worthwhile and well managed.
- Carrying out research within planning documents to write unbiased news stories which would be of interest to the media
- Site meeting with developer's representative to be clear on understanding of the plan
- Advising developers, from a journalist's viewpoint, on areas of the application which could viewed as potentially controversial or positive
- Drawing up a list of people who would appreciate briefing on the application - not just those who have to be consulted - and ways in which it might be appropriate to brief them
- Compiling briefing notes for different sections of the community
- Circulating news stories to all media with an interest in the plan
- Setting up web space specific to the application to carry all news stories written by Cathy Watson Associates and seek, and answer, questions from the public and publish them there too.
- Undertaking briefings (or helping the developer with briefings) by distributing information and/or organising and attending private meetings
- Organising public meetings, including appointment of a skilled chairman, providing agenda, briefing notes, welcome and introductions, minutes and a written assessment afterwards
- Setting up exhibitions, by securing venue and equipment necessary, sourcing materials within development company, providing staff to greet and guide visitors, supplying briefing notes, seeking and reporting feedback
Contact us now:
To explore further how Cathy Watson Associates might help your organisation call Cathy Watson on 01825 760102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org